Tuesday, October 9, 2018

World Wide Inequality Index - Interactive Map

Inequality Index
I created the Tutor/Mentor Connection in 1993 with the goal of collecting and sharing information showing work being done in some parts of the world that could be borrowed and duplicate in other places.  Instead of constant reinvention, we need constant learning and innovation.

With that in mind, here's a web site/data map showing a World Wide Inequality Index, which is an annual "global ranking of governments based on what they are doing to tackle the gap between rich and poor".

Reclaim American Dream
Here's another example. This is from the Reclaim the American Dream web site. On a map showing US states you can find information showing legislative work being done in some states that can be inspiration and models for similar work to be done in other states.

Click here to see map
I've been adding links to sites like this to various sections of the Tutor/Mentor web library, and to the concept map shown at the right, as well as posting stories that point to some of them. (see links on right side of this blog)

I learned about the Inequality Index from an article on the From Poverty to Power blog, which is one of the blogs I point to in the web library.

I don't have any money for advertising (never had much) so use my blogs and social media to try to draw attention to the information I'm putting in my library. As others share this in their own networks, my goal is that more people will learn to use these platforms to learn what's working in some places that might also work where they are located, if they can find resources to implement the ideas.

Thus, getting people involved from every sector is really important if we want to try to reduce some of the complex problems facing us in Chicago, the US, and around the world.

You can help by following this blog, or the Tutor/Mentor blog, and sharing posts on social media sites.

If you value the work I'm doing, and the web library I host, please visit my FUND ME page and send a contribution. 




No comments: